Re: XFree Cursor Themes

Cursor themes only work on XFree 4.3, I used to have experimental 4.3,
but it didn't work, once I upgraded to the official sid xfree4.3 the
cursors work ok, I guess you have already gotten this far, now gnome
resets the cursor data, so I had to help gnome figuring the right
configuration, I opened the GConf Editor (since the mouse control panel
did't provide enough fields) and reached this path:

/desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse
cursor_theme was NULL so I typed the xfree cursor theme, "whiteglass"
for example, you can change the cursor size here too if you want to,
after that restart gnome and it should work now.

-----------------------
Hi,

I'm having great problems using the different themes of cursor in
XFree86. I'm using the update-alternatives method to change to
"whiteglass" theme - and this works to a point. When gdm loads, all is
fine - but when I log into Gnome - the icons become "huge", sort of
32x32 as opposed to 24x24. Also - certain icons - like the little cross
hair that appears when you drag a window around, don't work either - and
that icon is retrieved from core.

Has anyone experienced this, or knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Simon