Re: Dell Dimension4600 with onboard video card

Zoltan Nagy wrote:

Hi,

I have got a Dell Dimension 4600 computer with onboard video card. I
tried to install the X11 system without any success. I tried to use the
i810 driver but it doesn't work.

According to the lspci command it is an Intel 82865G Integrated Graphics
Device. Is it supported by the X?

Zoltan

It works on my Dell GX270N computer with Intel 82865G, but I'm running Sid (with it's newer version of X than what you'll find in stable), and I had to downgrade my BIOS flash (because the A06 version misreports to the system the amount of video RAM).

--
Kent