Re: To dselect or aptitude, that is the question

* "Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> [2004:04:23:17:41:52-0000] scribed:
> On 2004-04-21, Michael D Schleif penned:
> >
> > I would have been using aptitude long ago, _except_ for this hurdle on
> > my systems:
> >
> > # sudo aptitude -P upgrade
> > Password:
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree      =20
> > Reading extended state information... Done
>

> I think this is the relevant part:
>
> > The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
>
> Do you have this line in ~/.aptitude/config
>
> aptitude::Delete-Unused "true";
>
> ?

Yes, indeed, that is it!  Thank you.

> Search for "TRACKING UNUSED PACKAGES" in /usr/share/doc/aptitude/README
> for more details.

Although, I found `unused' and other information in that file, `TRACKING
UNUSED PACKAGES' is not in my file.  What version of aptitude are you
running?

Thank you, again, for your consideration.

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource