Re: 2.6.5 Upgrade Notes

Bill Moseley wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:53:59PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Bill Moseley wrote:
> One other show stopper was ACPI caused the startup of PCMCIA (loading of the yenta

CardBus driver) to hang the machine.  So I disabled ACPI and use APM
instead.

Having CONFIG_PCMCIA=y and CONFIG_YENTA=y solved this particular
problem for me, as I liked ACPI too much to give it up.

Well, that's good to know.  I was going to try ACPI again but I thought
I read in the PCMCIA howto that those should be modules, although I
can't see why.

So, what exciting things await me when I get ACPI working?

BTW -- know anything about this in dmesg output:

  Could not enable APIC!

Thanks,

I think it is because you have APIC and/or IOAPIC enabled in your
kernel config, but the Toshiba doesn't have one.  It is totally
harmless, as it falls back to the older XT-PIC interface.

-Roberto Sanchez