Re: Version of lynx-ssl (too new!)

Hello Ritesh, hello Vincent!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:24:20PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:47:14 +0200
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
>
> > ay:~> reportbug lynx-ssl
> > *** Welcome to reportbug.  Use ? for help at prompts. ***
> > Using '"Vincent Lefevre" <vincent@vinc17.org>' as your from address.
> > Detected character set: ISO-8859-1
> > Please change your locale if this is incorrect.
> >
> > Getting status for lynx-ssl...
> > Verifying package integrity...
> > Checking for newer versions at packages.debian.org...
> > Your version of lynx-ssl (1:2.8.4.1b-3.1) is newer than that in Debian! Do you
> > still want to file a report [y|N|?]?
> >
> > Any explanation?
>
> There could be to possible reasons. You might be using an unofficial
> lynx-ssl package but probably this isn't what you've done. The other
> reason could be that package might be from a different release than
> your current release.

Either way I don't think so, please see
|fernst@live:~$ apt-cache policy lynx-ssl
|lynx-ssl:
|  Installed: (none)
|  Candidate: 1:2.8.4.1b-3.1
|  Version Table:
|     1:2.8.4.1b-3.1 0
|        500 http://security.debian.org woody/updates/main Packages
|     1:2.8.4.1b-3 0
|        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org woody/non-US/main Packages

Well, I don't know what's going on at Vincent's, but I'd be surprised
if reportbug couldn't handle security.debian.org as a source of
upgrades...

Hm, looking at the source it appears reportbug will only check
packages.debian.org, but this should be sufficient, as security
updates get listed there as well. Possibly it's just some temporary
hickup, after all this is DSA-210 from 13 Dec 2002 00:41:26 +0100.

Vincent, did you try it again later?

I just tried the same here and although accessing packages.debian.org
was quite slow I was able to proceed...

Cheers,
Flo