Re: testing : cdrecord does not recognize my cd-writer

kd4d@comcast.net wrote:

Hi:

Try

cdrecord -dev=ATAPI -scanbus

What does that say?  You may be able to burn with something like

cdrecord -dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 ...

Mark
hi all,

got some problem with sarge. sarge doesnot recognize my aopen cd/dvd-writer, allthough sg and ide-scsi definitely are installed.

i did append="hdc=ide-scsi" in lilo
and in /etc/modutils/action:

options ide-cd ignore=hdc
and
pre-install sg modprobe ide-scsi.

sarge talks to me: both modules are in the kernel.

what do I miss?? i can burn with xcdroast but i prefer cdrecord.
[cdrecord -scanbus tells me: no writer in the system]

thanx in advance!

steef