Re: Exim, Spamassassin, Mailscanner and ClamAV

Don't know much about exim or mailscanner but my experience with
clamav has been wonderful (mostly).  There was an instance last summer
(mydoom?) where clamav was updated much faster than symantec.  The
ususal case is that it is just as quick.  You can set it to update
from their database more frequently than symantec too.
I have had two instances where mail became stuck in my system trying
to go thru clamav.  Unsure what was responsible, clamav or
amavisd-new.  Timed out communicating with the port.  But restarting clamav solved the problem.

--
Michael Montagne
michael@themontagnes.com