Re: Kernel 2.6.5: Unable to mount root fs or unknown-block(0,0)

On 2004-04-18T23:16:38-0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> - I get the following kernel panic when trying to boot:
>
>   Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

I believe this means that the kernel could not read the root file
system.  What file system are you using?  I am quite sure that I got
something similar when I tried to boot up 2.6.5 against an ext3 root
file system but with a kernel without compiled support for it.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
P.O. Box 2022