Bit of a Strange IMAP/POP3/Procmail Question

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a strange question in relation to IMAP, POP3, and Procmail.

My mail server here at home currently running Debian Sarge uses a combination of fetchmail, sendmail, and procmail to deliver email to my local accounts.

I have done nothing with procmail, so everything gets delivered to /var/mail/username.

Currently, I'm using qpopper to allow my clients to retrieve mail via pop3 and dovecot-imap to allow me to access mail via horde2/imp remotely. I tried to move to dovecot-pop3 tonight instead of qpopper, but dovecot has mysteriously disappeared from Sarge...

Anyway, what I really want to achieve is to have two of the mail accounts delivered to /var/mail/username as they are now, and have the other four accounts delivered to $HOME/mail or whatever the correct maildir usage would be.

I've done google searches etc., but I think I'm searching for the wrong information as I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm hoping to end up having the two accounts in /var/mail accessible via POP3 for the two Windows clients here at home, and then the other four accounts accessible via IMAP so I can read them whereever I am, via horde2/imp, via thunderbird, or whatever.

If anyone can just show me where to look for some procmail recipes or appropriate pop3/imap servers to use that would be great.

Thanks,

Pete