Re: help with smtp-auth (exim4)

after looking for a bit more, i found that you could set an option to
force an authentication with a host "host_require_auth=<my.isp>".
now the result of a ehlo call to the server gives this;

LOG: MAIN
  <= blangille@korea.com U=root P=local S=247
brent@langille:/etc/exim4/conf.d/transport$ T: remote_smtp for
blangille@korea.com
Connecting to esmtp.korea.com [211.109.8.14]:25 ... connected
  SMTP<< 220 esmtp006.korea.com ESMTP Terrace MailWatcher 4.0000.dddd
(for korea.com)
  SMTP>> EHLO langille
  SMTP<< 250-esmtp006.korea.com Pleased to meet you
         250-SIZE 15728640
         250-8BITMIME
         250-HELP
         250-PIPELINING
         250-AUTH
         250-AUTH=LOGIN
         250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
  SMTP>> QUIT
LOG: MAIN
  == blangille@korea.com R=smarthost T=remote_smtp defer (-42):
authentication required but server did not advertise AUTH support

you can see that it supports LOGIN so why does the exim4 tell me
otherwise?