Re: Apache and SSI

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 04:50:13PM -0700 or thereabouts, Maximuminternet wrote:
> I'm really confused with how to get Apache to work with SSI, saw your forum and where it said you had it fixed but I couldn't see how.
>
> Naming a file .shtml alone clearly isn't enough.
>
> What is a directive anyway?

If you're running Apache2, go to /etc/apache2 and edit the
file apache2.conf.  Look for the "DirectoryIndex" line and
add index.shtml to the front. Scroll down and add these
lines above the <FilesMatch "\.shtml(..+)?$"> line:
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

Then go into you're sites-available directory, edit the
file default and add +IncludesNOEXEC after MultiViews in
the second <Directory /var/www/> section. (Options line)

Last thing to do is add a symbolic link from /etc/apache2/mods-
enabled called "include.load" (minus quotes) that points to
/etc/apache2/mods-available/include.load.

The docs and most references on the net are out of date or
don't really show the "debian" setup.  I finally figured
it out though. :-)

Also, don't forget to restart apache "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart"

Dana