Re: Is there a complete log to the bootup messages?

On Saturday 17 April 2004 1:41 pm, hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
> Geoff Thurman wrote:
> > On Saturday 17 April 2004 1:57 am, users@linuxforums.org wrote:
> >>Before hitting the display manager, the bootup messages are
> >> scrolling off the screen too fast. I saw some lines mentioning
> >> about some modules not found. One of them is microcode module
> >> (couldn't catch the rest).
> >
> > To halt the scroll, use Ctrl and S. Then Shift and Page Up should
> > allow you to check what you have missed. Ctrl and Q to release the
> > scroll lock.
>
> Now this has (?) to be version related?. When I hit Ctrl-s the scoll
> lock light goes on and indeed scrolling stops, but then shift-Pgup
> does nothing. But Ctrl-q does release the scroll lock. Where are
> these keys documented?
>
> Hugo

Hello Hugo,

That's interesting; I'll have to remember to add YMMV in future. I
think the Ctrl-s and Ctrl-q bit might be in Paul Sheer's RUTE User's
Tutorial and Exposition, but I'm not sure. I first saw it in a post on
this list, from, I think, Colin Watson. The shift-Pgup bit might
perhaps be from trial and error; I just know it works for me and
assumed it probably would for others. Did you try Ctrl-Pgup as well?
That sometimes works in consoles, if I remember right. Even Pgup on its
own might be worth trying.

FWIW I'm using Woody, with a 2.4.18-1-k6 kernel.

Cheers

Geoff