Re: Sympatico user from canada

Apparently, _Tomy Alarie_, on 04/16/04 09:23,typed:
Hi, i use sympatico as dsl provider , i want to know if any user from Canada uses pppoe to connect it and can send me a copy of his dsl-provider file ? I can't make it works and i really wants to ..

Thanks,
tomy

I am running Debian Sarge on Bell Sympatico High Speed connection in Quebec. Works pretty nicely.

Have you tried running pppoeconf as root? It will:
1) IIRC, first detect the presence of a connection on your NIC cards (provided the modem is connected and powered ON -- and you are not using USB*). 2) Then ask you for user name and password plus some other questions about some settings which you should accept.
3) After that, 'pon' and 'poff' commands should work.

If that doesn' work, report what happened and we can see what could be the problem.

GL,
->HS

* I have never used USB modem on my machine so can't say for sure how to do that.
--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)