Re: iptables

Umar Draz wrote:
i am new to debian! but have experience of redhat and freebsd, solaris now in redhat when i use iptables in redhat a file create in
> /etc/sysconfig/iptables where all rules save now my question in
debian where iptables rules save?

I'm not very familiar with what you describe in redhat, but (I believe) Debian does not by default automatically save and restore tables. However, it provides the tools to enable behavior. The iptables-save and iptables-restore commands may be useful to you.

Alternatively, if you are running stable/woody, there should be a script: /etc/init.d/iptables that provides for saving and restoring of tables to be automated at system startup and shutdown. In testing/sarge or unstable/sid, this script should be located at:
/usr/share/doc/iptables/examples/oldinitdscript.gz

/usr/share/doc/iptables/README.Debian.gz describes the basics of using iptables on a Debian system, and includes a list of many interactive or automated tools available in Debian for configuring and running iptables.

Just ask if you have any questions about configuring this behavior.

dircha