Re: digital camera question

On Thursday 15 April 2004 04:20 pm, Christophe Barbe wrote:
> Le jeu 15/04/2004 à 19:10, Mike Chandler a écrit :
> > Thanks Christophe!
> > Where exactly can I find the README.Debian file?
> > Please.
>
> /usr/share/doc/libgphoto2-2/README.Debian
>
> Christophe

Man, thanks a lot!
That README file had in it what I needed:

Currently on a Debian system, the best way to allow normal users to use
gphoto2 is to add these users to the usb group and set the correct
permission in your /etc/fstab file with the following line:

none  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs devuid=0,devgid=102,devmode=0660 0 0

where 102 is the ID for example the usb group ID.
Then add your trusted users in this group:

	adduser user usb