Re: PAM ldap login on woody

Let me close this thread by adding my solution.  I feel rather foolish, but I failed to check the settings for my user in the LDAP server.  They had been set months ago with a default loginShell of /bin/false.

So all the PAM configurations were correct which is why the logs indicated success.  But when it tried to start a shell, /bin/false stopped everything and the session was closed.  After changing to /bin/bash, my login succeeded.

I have since found one website with an example that does add the session configuration mentioned below.  But it works fine without it.  I need to do further research to see what effect one has over the other.

--
Carlos Hanson
Webmaster and Postmaster

ph: 503.431.4053