Re: digital camera question

Apparently, _Mike Chandler_, on 04/15/04 10:09,typed:
Now, using Debian testing, with kernel 2.4.25-1-386, have installed gphoto, (and the front end gtkam).
So I run gtkam and it will detect my camera, however there is an error:

Could not initialize camera.

If I try and use kde control center >peripherals >digital camera:

Unable to initialize camera. Check your port settings and camera connectivity and try again.

My USB printer/scanner and USB mouse work fine.
I have searched, and searched, and the best I can come up with is USB permissions, or needing SCSI emulation.

I know this can work, because it works in Mandrake.
Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.

I am running testing too (2.4.24-1-868), but I have gphoto2, not gphoto, and I can grab pictures from a Canon A300 quite easily:
$> dpkg -l gphoto2 gtkam
||/ Name       Version         Description
ii  gphoto2   2.1.4-2   The gphoto2 digital camera command-line client
ii  gtk       0.1.2-2   GTK+ application for digital still cameras

So I guess you should try installing gphoto2 and try again. Should work.

GL,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)