Re: Linux/Windows Universal Benchmark

> This certainly may have implications for computation intensive
> applications. I don't think it would overly surprise anyone if it were
> discovered that Sun's Linux JVM performs poorer than its Window's
> counterpart. I'm sure such tests have already been performed in detail
> elsewhere.
>
> However, I agree that the test described above by itself can't really
> tell us anything of interest.
>
> Perhaps you should perform the test with multiple data sets (iterations)
> to approximate the rate at which the performance gap will increase.
>
> dircha

I use Tomcat quite a bit on Debian Testing, and would love to see some
comprehensive benchmarks.

It would be somewhat ironic if Suns Java VM were demonstrably quicker on
Windows that Linux (and Solaris?).  I'm saying this as I suspect Java's
purpose is/was to get developers writing platform agnostic software,
allowing other OS's to enter the market.  If there's a noticable
qualitative difference favoring the monopolist though...