Re: anyone gotten udftools to work with CDRW?

Lorenzo Prince wrote:
Hi.  I have an Artec WRR-4048 CDRW drive at /dev/hdc (linked to by
/dev/cdrom.) This drive supports packet writing mode according to
cdrecord.  However, when I try to setup udftools, I get an error
message that says:

[snip]

Has anyone been able to get this to work?  If so, what did you do?
Is there a certain module I need to load besides ide-cd?  Is there
something else I missed somewhere?

I am exactly where you are in this process. The word is that packet
writing support in *not* in the main kernel source tree for 2.6.x and
that you must patch the sources and compile a custom kernel.

The patch:

http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/

I have yet to do this. It's on my todo list. :-)

HTH,

Kirk
--
                  Your mouse has moved.
You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.