Re: [SID] Base Xsession file lost? And gdm error messages

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 11:02, Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:
SV> Hello,
SV>
SV> I've got various problems with gdm since I upgraded my SID 2 days ago.
SV>
SV> Thanks to some of you I found out how to put Window Maker, Gnome, Xfce
 and KDE SV> back into the drop-down list of gdm,
I mean I browsed recent messages from the list.

SV> BUT gdm still doesn't work correctly
SV>
SV> (before finding about the new SomeWM.desktop files, I messed around for
 hours SV> trying to fix the problem myself... mea culpa).

SV> - When I select any session (Window Maker, etc.), gdm complains about not
SV> finding 'the base Xsession' script... though I have one in
 /etc/dm/Sessions/ SV> and in other directories as well.
Worst than that: I cannot launch Window Maker from gdm.
I can only launch 'failsafe Xterm' or 'failsafe Gnome'.

SV> - Less disturbing: gdm also complains about 'XDMC' server not configured
 or SV> something.

SV> => Do you know where the 'base' Xsession script is supposed to be?
SV> And maybe how to generate a default Xsession?
I already tried things like
  apt-get remove gdm xdm kdm
  apt-get install gdm xdm kdm
and also