Dynamically increase/reduce hardware raid partition?

I have just installed Debian 3 on a Smart Array 6400 (4 disks (146.8G
each) Raid 5) - This gives me a data partition of 409G.

If I add an additional 146.8G drive, and update the array(Raid BIOS),
the changes are not reflected when in Debian (i.e. It still only sees a
409G partition, not ~520G)

Is there anyway around this? Or everytime we add an additional drive, we
must create a new array, and add it to fstab?

Regards,
MB