Re: Ogle / DVD playback

High,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 April 2004 11:31, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
>
> > - Does /dev/dvd exist ?
> > - Is it correct (i.e. a symlink to your dvd device) ?
> > - Are you a member of group disk, or do you have full read/write
> >   permissions on /dev/dvd ?
>
> OK, it doesn't look like I'm setup right there. The device in /dev is
> (physically) /dev/cdrom0 (it is a DVD drive). Seeing that I tried
>
> 	ln -s /dev/cdrom0 /dev/dvd
>
> but that didn't fix the problem - althought the symptom changed a little. Now
> my error messages read:
>
> 	WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): no such action: 'SaveScreenShot'
> 	WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): no such action: 'SaveScreenShotWithSPU'
> 	libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.5 for DVD access
> 	libdvdread: Could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss
> 	libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
> 	ERROR[ogle_nav]: faild to open/read the DVD
>
> Obviously, I'm not there yet - and probably missing the obvious. What did I
> miss?

# adduser michael disk

then relogin (or do a 'su michael', or whatever your username is), check
if you are added to the group 'disk' with 'groups' and try again.

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)