Re: Ogle / DVD playback

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

> I've read the DVD playback documentation on the debian site and tried
> following it's instructions.
>
> When I tried to run ogle, I get the error message "Root not set", then it
> crashes.
>
> I continued to search and found a reference that said that ogle is included
> with all current versions of debian (I'm running sarge; tonight I need to set
> it up on woody) I uninstalled everything that I did initially then ran
>
> 	apt-get install ogle-mmx ogle-gui
>
> When I try to run ogle, it seems to come up. When I press the "Chapters"
> button, it again gives the error message "Root not set". Although it doesn't
> crash, nothing happens.
>
> What am I missing?

not sure what precisely is going on, but have you tried to specify your
dvd drive?

ogle /dev/dvd

Also tried different DVD's ?

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)