Re: A4-tech 2-wheels and 5-buttons mouse

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:13:01 +0200
MRH <misiek_spam@o2.pl> wrote:

> I have A4-tech mouse (USB/PS2) with 2 wheels and 5 buttons. Is it
> possible to use them all under X (xfree86 4.3.x)? I can configure with
> ImPS/2, that I have available 3 buttons and 2 wheels, but still I
> cannot use 2 buttons.

This is probably the most you'll get with XFree86 at the moment. You can
try the "ExplorerPS/2" protocol (which might get you an annoying 2/6
combo), but anything over 5 buttons is pure luck. There just isn't any
support for more in the code. Perhaps you could ask some people on the
appropriate XFree86 maillists and see if this is fixed in 4.4 (which
could be, there seems to be a"usb" protocol for generic HID devices
*somewhere*), and if it is wait for the X.org release to hit Debian.

No matter what the results are, if you manage to find someone who knows,
post the result here :-)

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de