Re: Can't mount CDs I burn in Linux

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk wrote:

> I can burn CDs just fine, but I can't mount and read them on my system. The
> CDs can be read on windows, just not in Linux (2.4 nor 2.6.3 kernel). Should
> I just go back to ide-scsi in 2.6 (can you even do this?)?
>
> When attempting a mount I get either
> # mount /dev/hdc /cdrw
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type
> # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrw

mount -t iso9660 -o ro ....

and when booting, use hdc=ide-scsi, otherwise, the system doesnt
know how to read your cdrom and vice versa
	- good hair scratcher to have the hdc=ide-scsi and
	plug in an ide hd in the ide slot... picky systems ..

and make sure you have the cdrom module and ms jukebox module
( amongst other modules ) to be able mount your cdrom

c ya
alvin