Re: auto run squid

Umar Draz <i_debian@yahoo.com> writes:

>    i have woody! and i have configure squid through source not
> de/sbian package. installation is successfull. now i wnat squid run
> at boot time.

/etc/init.d/ and /etc/rc?.d/ are a start.

However, I must ask if you've tried doing apt-get -b build-dep squid
&& apt-get -b source squid?  That will make you a debian package of
squid from source.  You could also apt-get source package without the
-b on the second command, edit the Makefile from the resulting source
directory, and then apt-get -b source <package> to customize the
options.

I hope this helps.

--
Paul Johnson