Re: Debian has turned unusable.

Pigeon wrote:
> enter "bf24" at the "boot:" prompt from the installation CD to get a
> 2.4.18 kernel with ext3 support
> or
> upgrade your kernel once you've installed it

Good advice.

> > - a KDE 2.0
>
> add to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.2.1/Debian stable main

Again good advice.  The above is what I do and recommend as well.

Except I use 3.2 in the place of 3.2.1 since 3.2.1 from kde.org is an
illusion.  Note that 3.2.1 is a symlink to 3.2.0 and so this might
confuse someone expecting 3.2.1 but getting 3.2.0 packages.  I have
complained about this to the ftp site maintainer.  It would be better
if the symlink did not exist since no 3.2.1 backport exists at the
moment.

Conversation with folks over to kde.org says they are behind and will
likely skip 3.2.1 entirely and produce a backport of 3.2.2 as a way of
catching up.

Bob