Re: xwatch or root-tail for remote server?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:56:49PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> I recently started running root-tail on my box to track some of my log
> files.
>
> Does anyone know of something similar to root-tail or xwatch that allows
> me to see the log files of a remote server in my workstation here in the
> office?

Perhaps something like:

    $ ssh me@remote.server tail -f /var/log/syslog

Run this in a transparent xterm and it sounds like it would be close
to what root-tail does.

    $ apt-cache show root-tail
     Root-tail, is a program that displays one or more log files,
     on the X root window, through the use of transparent windows.

Ken

--
Ken Irving, Research Analyst, fnkci@uaf.edu, 907-474-6152
Water and Environmental Research Center