Re: Question...

Tony Rossman writes:
> I am trying to acquire a pricing quote on a single copy Debian/GNU Linx
> Open Source OS software, BUT I know I will need to go to a 3rd party
> vendor.

If you wish to purchase CDs, yes.  See <http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/>.
You can also download CD ISO images free of charge: see
<http://www.debian.org/distrib/cd>.  Debian GNU/Linux is Free Software and
so is freely redistributable: you can legally get copies from anyone.  To
learn more about Free Software visit <http://www.debian.org/intro/free>.

> My question is, do you know if your company, Debian, has done business
> with The Boeing Company before?

While the Debian Linux distribution may be in use elsewhere at Boeing,
Debian is not a company and does not sell anything.  To see what Debian is
visit <http:www.debian.org>.

The current Stable version of Debian GNU/Linux is 3.0, also known as
"Woody".  It is very stable and secure but not very up to date.  There are
also Testing and Unstable versions which are more up to date and to which
Woody can be easily upgraded free of charge.  Your user should contact this
list for free advice on what version he wants.  For support information see
<http://www.debian.org/support>.  Paid support is available: see
<http://www.debian.org/consultants/>.
--
John Hasler