Re: Knoppix autoconfig for workstations

Sometime in April bob_parker@ozonline.com.au assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| not quite sure if I understand your question correctly, but in my
| experience Knoppix just does automatically configure X including a hard
| drive install. You might need to manually edit the config file after a hd
| install, but dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 would be the second last
| thing I'd be using for that.

i suppose i should have specified what i'm trying to do. i have a bunch of
workstaions that i want to install debian on. i'm thinking about using
something like fai(1), but the computers have different mice, videocards
and monitors, etc. so i'd like a method of autodetecting this stuff, which
from my expirence knoppix does quite well. so i was wondering if there was
a way to use the autodetection capabilities of knoppix when installing
debian.

(1)http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E