Re: Console Access

Umar Draz wrote:

hi dear members
i have woody and is running perfect now i got Catalyst 2950 switch

Which one?
Model?

there is option in swtich i can connect switch with its consol port.

Before you buy hardware, it's a good idea to make sure that it is going to be compatible with your system.
Always a good idea to investigate before investing.
Using Google is usually a good idea.
Death, or ill health, have rarely if ever been attributed to overuse of Google.
Do Linux drivers exist for this new item of yours?
There is advice onsite at Debian.org regarding hardware compatibility, and at a number of other places. The Linux Documentation Project for example.
It is always a good idea to check out the manufacturers' website also.

no i have use command line debian not graphicall. How i can access switch consol? because i want some configuration over swtich.

The previous questions must be answered before this can become a reality.
If a driver/loadable module doesn't exist for this new piece of equipment, the only communication over the switch that be occurring, will be by way of a note attached to a frisbee. A lot of routing hardware doesn't need to be specifically matched to software, but I have an idea that some does.

Is is it possible that i can access consol same loke Microsoft windows like (hyper terminal services) but remember i just want Command line interface not graphical.

Yes, there are applications that give remote manipulation, and other applications called 'talk', or 'gnome-talk' that will provide intra-terminal communication. It depends on what you want to do. Debian has over 13,000 applications, and with that you can accomplish a lot of different things. Others on the list will probably be able to assist you in a more productive fashion than I can. I am not all that familiar with the kind of hardware you are talking about, but with Linux hardware, always check first, or it can cost you
Regards,

David.