Re: /tmp clean at boot time

Hi,

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Umar Draz wrote:

> hi dears
>
>   i have woody with kernel 2.4.25 (now i have install mysql through
> source) its working .
>
>   now when i reboot my machine. during boot up /tmp directory is clean
> and also mysql.sock delete thats why mysql server not run during boot.
>
>  how i can solve this problem that my /tmp directory not clean at boot
> time?

the script that cleans /tmp and other directories is
/etc/init.d/bootclean.sh
which you can edit (remember that with every apt update, dpkg wants to
patch this file back to it's original state).

However, I don't think that should be the solution to the problem.
bootclean.sh is one of the first things to run during boot, even before
network is set up. But I have no experience with mysql whatsoever, so I am
not 100% sure.

Greetz,
Sebas

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)