samba shares and case sensitivity

I am having an issue with samba exports. I am trying to compile a
program with msvc (Yes I know the enemy) which resides on a samba share
on my linux system (I actually developed it cross platform with
wxWindows and msvc is running under vmware so my interaction with the
big devil is as minimal as I can make it ;-)

Anyway the problem is that msvc creates the output directory as Release
and then tries to write to release. Under win this works since names
are not case sensitives, with the sabma share in crashes
measurably. Any way around it (currently I am manually creating a
sym link to solve the problem but I don't like it because it hard to
handle with cvs).