Re: aptitude deleted konqueror, any way get it back or go back to stable?

dircha wrote:
> J F wrote:
>
>> Tracking it down further, it looks like aptitude
>> or apt is broken.
>> Aptitude says kdelibs4 conficts with kdelibs3 (<4:3.0.0 )
>>
>> Looking at what versions of kdelibs3 are
>> pending installation I see:
>> 4:2.2.2-13.woody.9
>> 4:2.2.2-13.woody.8
>> Isn't 4:2.2.2-woody.8 < 4:3.0.0.0  ???
>

> Maybe I'm not understanding the problem here.
>
> kdelibs4 lists
> conflicts: kdelibs3 < 4:3.0.0
> replaces kdelibs3 < 4:3.0.0
>
> 4:2.2.2-woody.8 is less than 4:3.0.0.
>
> That is correct.
Thanks.
Now I think I understand.  Aptitude does not want
kdelibs3 at all ( the < 4:3.0.0 is extra).
I deleted kdelibs3 and things are working better.
I have konqueror and it can browse the local files
and web, but when it needs to render or display a web
page I get:

There was an error loading the module KHTML.
The diagnostic is:
Library files for 'libkhtmlpart.la" not found in paths.

Konqueror then displays the raw html for that webpage.
I'll google it and flounder around a few more days to
figure that out, unless someone has a suggestion.
Thanks again.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com