Re: Regenerating IMAPD SSL certificate.

Luke Reeves wrote:
Thanks. I see that as kinda the last resort. I was hoping that there was a way to do a dpkg-reconfigure to allow the IMAP setup to recreate the certificate, since I'd rather have debconf handle it.

    Luke

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO/index.html

Create a CA (if you don't already have one) and issue yourself a new cert.

-Roberto Sanchez

from /usr/share/doc/uw-imapd-ssl/README.Debian.gz

1. SSL support.

This package has been compiled with SSL support.  On installation it will
generate a self-signed certificate for you in /etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem.
This certificate will expire in one year. You can replace this with a
cerificate from verisign etc. if you want. Or you can follow the instructions
in the openssl package to generate your own.  It adds an entry for the imaps
service (port 993) to inetd.conf for you. Disable the entry for imap2 if
you want to allow only ssl logins.

Maybe `apt-get install --reinstall uw-imap-ssl` will do the trick?

-Roberto Sanchez