Recommendations for a small, light, app-launcher button bar

I use fluxbox with 2 desktops, with apps basically covering the entire
screen (4 terminals on one, Firefox on the other):

http://home.comcast.net/~40311.nospam/snapshot1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~40311.nospam/snapshot2.jpg

(Other apps are transitory and get tab-docked as needed).
There is only a little bit of space left unused, see where gbuffy is.

I need a small lightweight app launcher to put in the upper right hand
corner.  It needs to be very small vertically.  Basically I need
something a lot like gnome-panel but much lighter weight.

What would be good to use?