Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

This is an English-speaking mailing list.  English is read from the
top, down by the flow of context, not random order.  Even first-year,
non-native speakers pick up on this.

Please turn your line wraps on, 72 columns is good.

"Freivald, Joseph A, GVSOL" <jfreivald@att.com> writes:
> How is the ATI xfree driver any better than the NV xfree driver?

The ATI xfree86 drivers work in games, the nVidia drivers fail
miserably.  ATI has at least put forth the effort to do things the
right way.

> I'm not trying to start a flame war on how Companies should choose
> to or not to support open source projects, but since I use their
> product a LOT and I have had dramatically different experience from
> what is being portrayed I figured I should give the counter point.

Never mind nVidia's rights-violating license, right?  Who cares about
things like whether or not a bug can be fixed or if you can give it to
a friend; fuck freedom, right?

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>