Re: Local apt mirror

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:19:52 +0100
"Pete Clarke" <pete@dynotechnic.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to run a local "apt" mirror for the machines on my local
> network. At the moment all Debian machines independantly do their own
> updates & dist-upgrades via one of the Debian web mirrors.
> This results in many duplicated downloads, what would the best way to
> setup and maintain a local Apt mirror?
>
> I have Googled for this, and found many suggestions, but no helpful,
> practical solutions.
Hi
I would recommend apt-proxy for that...
I use it with quite a success, though it has several problems:
1. sometimes it takes a bit of time to start the connectiom
2. it has some problems wenn 2 hosts want to get the same file at the
same time (when it is not already on the server) (the 2nd host has to
wait until the download to the server is completed

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>