Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 12:44, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
>  Is there a good alternative to ati and nvidia that is good and open
>  source friendly at this time in the market, or we are all screwed?

Nothing that offers similar performance.  If your focus isn't gaming but
simply good graphics that is 3D accelerated too, I would definitely recommend
a Radeon 7500 - they are fully and natively supported by XFree and the
kernel's radeon driver.  On most distros they're pretty much "plug&play"

--
Kind regards
Hans du Plooy