Re: I blew it bigtime!

Mike Chandler wrote:

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 02:47 pm, David Baron wrote:
Thanks, I am there, now it seems I have a larger problem, I cannot install ANY kernel, I've tried several, they all fail with an error about /dev/fd doesn't exist, and initrd didn't make.
I am LOST.
Boot into your system with Knoppix/chroot, like you've done. Then instead of trying to get your new kernel to work, use your old one.

rm /vmlinuz
ln -s /boot/[old_kernel] /vmlinuz
edit /etc/lilo.conf if necessary, but probably not
/sbin/lilo
reboot
fix your new kernel

--