Re: changing window manager in gnome2

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:51:13AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Where do you change the window manager default in gnome2? I have
> sawfish running behind it from a previous installation, got carried
> during upgrade to gnome2.
> Thanks to all in advance.

I recently had to switch to Metacity on unstable (yes, less flexibility, but
I suppose that's what I like about Metacitiy, it's simplicity), and managed
to do it by following these steps:

apt-get install metacity

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

For some reason, I had to reboot after that.  Simply logging out and back in
didn't do the trick, not even when I restarted XFree86 by using the well
known combination (Ctrl+Atl+Backspace).  However, once I rebooted, GNOME was
running Metacity as the default window manager no problem.

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/