Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

I unfortunately not have the chance to criticize
nvidia's driver since, I cannot make install their
driver with their installer

i have this message

>gcc-version-check failed:
>
>The string "(gcc" was not found in the /proc/version
>string: "Linux version 2.6.4 (root@machine) (version
>gcc 3.3.3 (Debian 20040321)) #1 ...

So do you see that ? It doesn't see the string gcc
while it's written gcc 3.3.3

For the moment i just think their installer is really
not ergonomic

Another question :
Would it be possible to get the nvidia drivers
compiled into the kernel, static instead of as a
module ?
If yes, how should I do ?

Regards

 --- Paul William