Re: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 05:42:00PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Furthermore, doesn't Hong Kong use Traditional Chinese?  In this case,
> the issue of writing style is rather independent of the status of
> Taiwan.

Yup.  I wonder whether there's any pressure on them these days to change,
since ... you know.  [Interestingly I've heard that they're still used
reasonably often on the mainland, for things like signs &c.]

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]