Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

I'm having this problem with Toshiba 5105 laptop, kernel-2.6.4 and nvidia
driver 1.0-5336 downloaded from Nvidia. There is about a 1/4 inch gap of the
screen not being used on the right hand side of the screen running
vertically. I used to be able to fix this problem (with kernel-2.4.x) by
editing my "/etc/modules.conf" file with this:

options nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2
alias /dev/nvidia* nvidia

But now this has no effect? (I'm using Debian "SID" with kernel-2.6.4).
Also, since I'm using the 2.6 kernel, I have put the:
options nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2
alias /dev/nvidia* nvidia
commands in the "/etc/modprobe.conf" file also.

Even if I exit out of the GUI and stop x, and kdm and "rmmod nvidia" to unload
the module and then reload it with:
"modprobe nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2"
to insure that the options are loaded, and then restart kdm and x it has no
effect, the 1/4 inch gap is still there?

So far no one has been able to help me fix this, it's really annoying because
until now I haven't had any problems with these drivers.

Ralph