Re: Problems with the Debian installation

Jansen Carlo Sena wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to install Debian woody in my HP Pavilion ze4500 laptop.
However, when I boot the system with the CD installation using "bf24"
option I can't able to do anything more because my keyboard doesn't
work. By the other side, when I don't use the "bf24" to install kernel
2.2, my keyboard works fine.
So go ahead and install with the 2.2 kernel, and after you have the base install, upgrade to a newer kernel with a command like:
 apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.22-k7-1
or
 apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.3-686-1

You can get a list of available images with
 apt-cache search kernel-image

--
Kent