Re: Where to specify StyleSheet in Firefox

on Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 07:20:27AM -0600, Kent West (westk@acu.edu) wrote:
> I thought Mozilla allowed one to specify a custom stylesheet, and yet
> I'm finding no option for that in FireFox. Am I missing something? I did
> a google and went to the FireFox Extensions page and searched fro
> "style", but didn't find anything that really looked promising. EditCSS
> looked the most promising, but the description doesn't sound like the
> user tool I thought Moz browsers had.
>
> Perhaps my understanding of custom stylesheets is faulty; I thought you
> could create a local stylesheet (or several), and then specify FireFox
> to use that stylesheet for rendering custom versions of HTML mark-up,
> like custom versions of the <H1> tag, etc.

What Roberto said WRT userContent.css.  This is a default, applied at
render-time stylesheet.

Not sure how Fire$RANWORD treats _additional_ user-specified
stylesheets.  In Galeon 1.2.x, it's possible to register a number of
additional stylesheets which are then applied on an as-requested basis.
I've got one which strips all font, background, and background image
settings, for example, to render a straight black-and-white page (with
blue/magenta links).  Helpful on some obscenely overspecified websites.

Peace.

    Save Bob Edwards!  http://www.savebobedwards.com/