Re: email signatures

on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:32:14AM +1100, Matthew Joyce (MJoyce@ccia.org.au) wrote:

> > > Not quote.  dash-dash-space-newline
> >
> > No, it's newline-dash-dash-space-newline ;-)

> Thanks everyone, and for the record I do not intend to actual use it
> for a disclaimer which I personally find pointless, but our
> fundraising department want to promote charity events.

First:  Drop OE like the turd it is.

Second:  apt-get install signify.

This (and the similar 'sigrot') are signature rotation tools.  Signify, in
particular, allows for weighting the sigs to be rotated through.

Some may also note that I take the "4 lines" guideline somewhat loosely,
though I try not to abuse this unless I feel the message is particularly
important.  E.g.:  below.

Peace.

    The major problem facing social networks is that they scarf up personal
    information far more efficiently than a Carnivore system.  People really
    aren't going to trust them if they view these start-ups as honeypots for
    future marketroids to reap everything we didn't want them to know. Let
    alone allow a passing hacker to scarf up this potential archive of great
    exploitable value.
    -- Andrew Orlowski, on Orkut, Friendster, and ilk.