Need help - Unable to find/install drivers for Sony Laptop

I am new to debian linux. I have just installed debian
linux 2.4.18 kernel. I see that not even a single
hardware is configued when i typed the command "lspci"
in  linux. Most of my devices are Intel corp. So, can
anyone let me know how to configure these devices. It
will be great if someone helps me out in configuring
ethernet card .

My system details

Sony VAIO LAPTOP V505DX.
Ehthernet card - Intel PRO/100 VE Network
Wireless -Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
adapter
Display  - VGA compatible controller - ATI mobility
radeon 9200
Multimedia controller - YAMAHA AC-XG Audio device
USB - Intel corp

Looking forward for your help

regards
sunil.