Re: lilo issue

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 02:03:32AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Christopher J. Noyes wrote:
>
> >I am trying to resolve the issue I had with the Kernel panic issue
> >earlier. I think it had to do with a bad kernel install. I found the
> >installed kernel images that I want in /boot. I set up lilo.conf and
> >tried to get it to write the MBR but it complains can't find
> >/boot/MBR.b The file is missing. Where do I find it. How is it
> >generated. There is a file boot.b is that it?
> >Christopher J. Noyes
>
> This error is unfamiliar to me, but I have to ask, what does your
> lilo.conf look like?

I think this is a possible error if one uses the lilo -M /dev/hdxx
command.  (I think it can be used to restore a boot record?)

As others have said, what exactly are you trying to do?
What lilo command?
What is your lilo.conf?

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.