Re: "EMU10K1/Audigy soundcard not found or device busy"

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:58:55 -0600
Alec Berryman <alec@lorax.wox.org> wrote:

			[ snip ]

As others have noted, your system is loading the OSS drivers, rather
than the ALSA drivers.

What I suspect is happening (given that you're using a system based
around the 2.4 kernel) is that you have the discover package installed.
Discover is a program that does hardware detection and loads appropriate
modules; unless told not to, it'll load OSS modules for your soundcard.
Since it runs before the ALSA scripts do, the ALSA modules won't be
able to load.

If this is what's going on, edit the file /etc/discover.conf to
exclude the OSS modules (emu10k1 and ac97_codec).  Then the ALSA
script should be able to load the ALSA modules OK.

-c

P.S.  If you're going with ALSA, you might wanna install the
alsa-oss package as well.

		(remove "snip-me." to email)